Happy 1st day of February! I can’t believe that it will be almost two months ago that the fire took place. A lot of people are wondering if I’ve returned back to the States. I’m currently still here…still playing the waiting game. On Friday the 24th of January my lawyer and I met with the lawyers of the rental agency. I gave them the money negotiated and they gave me a notarized document dropping all charges. The reason for the delay in the exchange of money was due to money gram. Long story short, when my lawyer and I went to retrieve a transfer from my parents the bank here stated that the money was “already paid out”. They later admitted a system error and told me it would be 3 business days to get. That ended up being over a week.
Now that we have the document dropping charges, I’m waiting for the judge to sign off. Initially I was told that it would be as early as Wednesday. However, my lawyer just called and said it would take longer. I’m not sure why but they keep reiterating that “you’re not in the US”…meaning things just take time. I’m trying to be patient, strong and faithful all at the same time. So it looks like the earliest I can get a flight will be next week.
I continue to appreciate your support, thoughts and prayers! I’m optimistic that this chapter of my life is coming to a gradual end and I’m looking forward to moving forward.